Saturday 10 January 2015

Ghost of makeup past!

Hello again!

Posting two weeks running... I'm as shocked as you! Last week if you've read my post - if you haven't, what are you doing!?! go read it gosh #pushyJoking, anyway in my last post I expressed my disgust with my eyebrows which lead to a good rifle through old pictures and it got me thinking how much I have learnt since the younger years, and what I wish I could go back and tell myself! So here is ..


Six Things I wish Young Lynds knew about makeup!


Spider lash, Spider lash...


 1 - You do not -  I repeat DO NOT - need an entire bottle of foundation to cover up spots and blemish's, you're just painting them and making them nude coloured beacons AND making them much worse in the long run.

2 - Skincare is a makeup step, its the base to EVERYTHING, if you don't care for your skin how can you expect to look and feel good! I'm talking to you, 15 year old non caring Lynds!

3 - Blending is a thing. You shouldn't really just whack a colour of colour on and go, spend a little time, get rid of those harsh line and then maybe you'll look a little less Pat Butcher like.

4- Big isn't always better when it comes to lashes. So chill out, go for a more natural lash that wigs out to extend your eye and actually make it look big - not like you have spider lashes!


Omppa loompaa...
5 - Bronzer should not be used as a face powder. Its called bronzer for a reason, make your skin look "sun kissed", not "sun-slobbered-all-over-every-Millimetre!"

 6 - Black lined water lines don't suit everyone, and really doesn't need to be done every day of your life for four years. I don't care what My Chemical Romance is doing, you are not Gerard Way so stop, put down the eyeliner pencil and let them breathe!

 7 - Your face shape is yours, it unique to you, you can't look like someone else, so while you can interpret someone's look on to your own face, you can't be them so stop kicking yourself when it doesn't look right!

8 - aaaaand heres where shit got deep

Real deep, ocean floor deep.

My final thing is that make up shouldn't be your mask. For years of my life I wore makeup religiously, I wouldn't leave for school without it on, or go to the shops, and still even now sometimes I feel like I can't not wear makeup. But it shouldn't be like that, makeup shouldn't be used to hide yourself, and it certainly shouldn't be wear your confidence comes from, I mean yeah it boosts your confidence and it should, look at you in that red lip! But you shouldn't need it to be you! Remember under that make up is your face, its your face under that contoured foundation, your cheekbones, its your eyes that make that smokey eye pop and its your lips that look damn awesome in a nude lip, without you makeup would be nothing, not the other way round. View makeup as an enhancement not a readjustment and as an art not a cover up, because you own that shit gaaalllllfriennnddd!

Talk about girl power! *puts inner spice girl back in the box*


I think that told younger Lynds! At least we learn from our mistakes!

Peace out beauties,

See you soon!

Lynds xx


No comments:

Post a Comment