Saturday 3 May 2014

Blue eyed girl


Evening beauties!

How are we all? So this week I’ve attempted something a little new to me (drum roll please), tutorials/pictorials - I’m not sure what there called! I’m basically going to do my best to show you a few looks in the simplest way I can. Some of you might be asking, ‘Why not just do a video Lynds?’ Well, I’m from a urmmmm lovely city known as Wolverhampton, and the accent this wonderful town has given me is somewhat vile and most definitely not made to be filmed.

So the tutorials today used the items used in last weeks blog - I spy with my little eye; the 17 starry eyes trio, the Cosmopolitan brush set and the Saffron eyeliner. You might also find it easier to use a fluffy blending brush for some stages of these looks, and I promise to review a budget friendly one soon *Brownie promise*.

 

Smoked out starry eyes 

Apply your base how you normally would, I like to apply my foundation first even though 90% of the time I end up wiping half of it off! I’d also suggest filling in your eyebrows before you start because I think it gives you a better idea of the finished look. Side note - please don't judge my eyebrows I’m currently in the ‘you over plucked them you idiot now you need to grow them back’ stage.




Excuse the odd skin colouring, naughty lighting!
Step 1 - Using the Cosmo shadow brush, apply the white shade all over the lid, using a patting motion rather than a sweeping motion, this means you'll be packing it on not 
swooping it off.

Step 2 -  All about the blending! Using the lighter blue, pat on the colour about 1/3 of the way in to your eyelid, and then blend out using circular motion. (This is where that really lovely blending brush I haven’t reviewed yet comes in handy!). At this point its important to start creating the shape and the wing.

It’s then just a case of adding colour and blending until you reach the darkness you want. Don’t expect this step to be quick, it take a little bit of practise too!

***If you blend the colour out to far or too high up don’t panic just get a cotton bud and take very very small sweeps of colour from the outside***


Step 3 - Adding that tiny edge of darkness to the wing. Take the Cosmo angled brush and pick up a tiny bit of the darker blue colour and lightly line the outside of the wing, and blend it into the wing. Again this is tedious but stick with it because it will look amazing! You're aiming for that graduating effect in picture three, this is a no harsh lines zone!


Step 4 - My favourite step. Once you’ve got that lovely smokey winged out fading blueness, tidy up the edges. I like to use the edge of a make up wipe along the wing to give it a very defined edge.Then you need to line the eye, using which ever liner works best for you, I used the Saffron Gel liner, either way line the lash line and wing it out! Oh, and don't forgot to put on a lovely coat of mascara when your liner is dry (yes, I did forget).

Simply Sparkly

This look is such a beautiful simple look and it looks stunning with a little black dress! Beware the fallout in this one as you can see in the pics it can get messy, silly fallout.


Again, apparently I have a skin problem!
Step 1 - Using the shadow brush apply either of the blues all over your lid, I went with the lighter one just because I tend to look like a confused panda with really dark eyes!
Step 2 - Start to shape your colour, don't aim to get the shape in step 3 yet (I have a cheat for that!).


Step 3 - Using the shadow brush pat on the lightest layer of sparkley white, just to give it a sparkle. Grab yourself a handy little cotton bud, and wet it a tiddly bit. You then literally wipe away the colour into this perfect ovally shape. It’s not a look everyone will like, most people would enjoy it much more smoked out but I thought it was pretty and a little
different.
You may notice I started to line the lash line
and realised I hadn't taken a picture, but I'm
new please forgive me *hangs head in shame*


Step 4 - Line it up, draw a very subtle thin
line along the lash line, and add a tiny little wing at the end.

Smudged look

Tiniest smudgest line!
This look is such a simple little look that I really didn't know how to show it in pictures, but I really really like it. For lack of a better word it’s kind of rocky? Not as in Balboa but as in Aerosmith (if you don't know who they are, shame on you!). So basically, line the lashes with the light of the two blues using the angled brush. Then using the smudger brush smudge the line upwards towards the lid, not too far just so it's an untidy line, then apply the darker blue using the same brush just above the lash line and smudge that up. Then lightly line the outer corners under the eye and smudged that, to create this smokey liner look. Pair that with a killer dark lip and your good to go!




Smudged look and a very interesting attempt
at being cool
There you have some simple, probably very badly explained, starry eyed looks. I apologise
 if these tutorials were as helpful as chocolate teapot on a hot day but practise makes perfect! I’m going to attempt to cover quite a few looks my friends and family have said they’ve liked in this little pictorial form, so if you have any gripes or comments please let me know, or you'll be stuck looking at a useless blog!


Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this blog follow me to be notified every time I post my makeup musings

See you soon

Lynds xx




 

No comments:

Post a Comment