Thursday 8 May 2014

'Ello Elsa!

Hellllloooooo Beautiesss!!!

Hope we are all doing well! Welcome to my new look blog!! Due to my inability to work with computers I manage to break my blog this weekend and had to restart - as you can imagine it was a fairly stressed weekend - so if you like the new layout let me know!! Now on to the serious matter - my tutorial based on Elsa from Disney's Frozen. I LOVE this film (yes, I am 21, no this has not stopped me), so when it was suggested I created my version of an Elsa's look I jumped at the chance! I've linked most of the products so you know where to get them from without the hassle of searching. Just a little disclaimer, I'm not in anyway a professional so these are just my personal opinions of how to achieve this look. Also as I'm fairly new to the tutorial scene please let me know what you think - good or bad - so I can improve future posts! So do you wanna build an...Elsa?!




Prepare for some interesting faces!









Facey Base

Face Products I Used




Excuse the bad skin
To begin with I moisturised my face, as my skin gets really dry when I wear heavier makeup, I'm currently on the hunt for a really good dry skin moisturiser - if know any good when please help a sister out! I started by applying my Rimmel Stay Matte foundation in light porcelain, using my (apologetically) slightly expensive Real Techniques Stippling Brush - well worth the investment and there are some cheaper website that sell them!!! I then used my Collection Sheer Loose Powder from my 'Gone Shopping' post, all over my face, because I get very shiney very quickly!

*Quick side note through out this tutorial I use Sleek brushes which come in a kit - which you can get from here (highly recommended!) *




Beware the fish face
So I then went on to contouring - using the contour powder in the Sleek Face Form kit (in shade light) and the smaller face brush from the sleek set. As you can see in the picture I pull the worst fish face ever and blend in a circular motion into the cheek bone and tiny bit up to the forehead. After this I then go on to mix the blush and highlight and apply (in circles again, I like circles) on the apples of my cheeks - at this point its cheesy grin time!!



Sorry about the tiny blur!

My eye brows are currently disgusting and there is very little to them, so I apologise! I firstly line them to get a defined shape, using the Collection Eye Definer pencil in brown. I then go over them using a matte brown powder which matches my hair colour - and a slanted brush - literally any make will do, at the moment I'm using a brown shade from the Au Natural Palette by guess who...yep Sleek




Eyeshadow time



Lovely jubbly eye products
This is my favourite (and the most fun) part!! To begin with I covered the whole lid using the Seventeen Eye Eye Crayon in Iced, this provides a lovely base! If you'd prefer you can just use a primer to grab onto your shadow, but I think crayon adds a lighter tone to the look!


Vintage Romance Palette


I then used two shades from the Sleek Vintage Romance palette - 1 &2 in the picture above. I firstly applied 1 all over the lid, blending it up towards the crease, its really sparkly so you'll need to work it in a little bit. You don't want to take the colour much higher then you crease as I tend to find I look a bit drag queenish if I do!

I then took 2 and blended that into the crease of my lid. I find if you look down into the mirror it's a little easier to find your crease, and I always find using a brush without product first just to kind of practise where your want you colour helps to make sure the colours going in the crease and not all over the shop! I always find it bit takes a little trial and error, so start with a tiny bit and work up the colour. I build up the colour along the crease and winged it out ever so slightly. Once I'd got the shape I wanted I did a final blend with my finger just to make sure there was no harsh lines!



A little step by step help
Line it and lash it

Excited to see my liner!
Once I'd got this kind of purple ombre smokey shadow, I used my Primark liquid liner to do a very fine line, with a tiny wing, nothing too thick so it doesn't overpower your blending work. I then took the Sleek lip brush  - as I dont have a pencil brush - and lined my waterlines, both top and bottom with a black eyeshadow. I don't know why but I really prefer lining the waterlines with shadows rather than a pencil I think it looks less harsh! I then went back (I may have forgot to do it before) and added a tiny bit of the Sleek shadows under my eye.
Tinest Liner










Yep, I did pull that face on a public blog
And to complete the eyes I used the Primark Volumizing Mascara (I didn't think you'd want a picture of my weird mascara face) on both my upper and lower lashes. I then took some falsies - I literally haven't a clue where these are from, I think they came in a makeup set? Anyway as you can tell I wasn't particularly happy with them as the were much too big, Elsa has longer outer lashes, so i cut them in half and stuck them to outer section of my lashes.




Last but not least...
 
I used the Collection Gothic Glam Seduction Lipstick all over my lips. This is a lovely dark reddish colour - makes the look a tad more grow up, okay maybe without the white hair! A dark pink lip would also like very cute!







And there you are, all done! The white spray I used in my hair is Superdrug's own brand Instant colour spray in White Wonder - really makes the look, but is a little bit of a pain to wash out. For some unknow reason this spray isn't on the Superdrug website but you can get it instore!

Unnecessary Pout
I really hope you enjoy this tutorial and it wasn't too lengthy, boring or completely useless! Please feel free to leave comments so I know whether you've enjoyed it or never ever want to see me do this again!!!
Thanks for reading
See you soon
Lynds xx






No comments:

Post a Comment