Saturday 3 May 2014

Primark, I salute you!

Hello Beauties!!

Can you believe it, we're in May where on earth has this year gone!! I hope you are all enjoying the partial sunshine - but mainly showers - we have been having! As I told you last week I recently celebrated my birthday, and somehow a week later I'm still milking it (we all do it don't judge me!) and still being royally spoilt by my friends. This weeks post is all about Primark's new makeup range - P.S. love.. and thanks to follow blogger and friend, Nicole of Nicolepownallx, I have a lovely selection of these products to show you. We all know primark as that amazing low price store filled with fashion goodies, but now you'll have a new reason to pop in!

All about the eyes!

Firstly, how lovely is the new packaging!! I know it has nothing to do with how the product works but the change has taken the Primark products to a more professional level!!! Naturally the first products I was excited to try were the main eye products I use everyday - mascara and eyeliner!


In love with the packaging!

 



The P.S. volume boost mascara is so much better than you would expect! Although it doesn't give you exceptional length, it does boost you lashes enough to give them an everyday oompth!! I have found that it doesn't mix too well with false eyelashes, I'm not sure as to why this is (little bit annoying) but it does make for a very very good daytime mascara, and for under £2 who am I to complain!

The P.S. eyeliner really surprised me, the liner itself is fairly good it is a little thin but taking a little longer to apply and build up the colour fixes this. The applicator is very different to anything I've used before, as you can see its a very thin brush and rather than being a brush its more of a plastic nib - nib is definitely the new name for it. It is perfect for very thin lines and wings, but I personally found it a little annoying when trying thicker lines, but for an everyday liner, I'd give it a thumbs up!
 
Bargain Eyes!
 
 The P.S.love.. 4 pack of eyelashes are so so pretty - including the adorable floral box - I have a thing for packaging today! I love how delicate the natural pairs are and I love the thicker sultry pair - perfect for nights out!!! As with a lot of cheaper eyelashes there are a few flaws (apologies for being negative Nancy today). The glue isn't all that good, but you can always buy better glue separately, or if your like me your have 20 half empty mini bottles in the bottle of your makeup box! (seriously I swear they breed, not a clue where they've come from!). Also applying these eyelashes takes a little longer than the more expensive brands as the band is a little more stubborn, but it just means taking those extra few minute, which is worth when they only cost £3.00
 
 
 
Love me some lip gloss
 

Sorry about the close up!
 This lip gloss is amazing, there I said it, amazing!!! I honestly didn't expect much I've always preferred a matte lipstick, mainly because I'm messy and end with matching coloured teeth when I use lip glosses, but this product is so so so good! Rather than being the consistency of a normal lip gloss it has more of an almost lacquer like feel to it, it goes on quite thick and has a lot of colour in it! I also really like the nib (I'm loving this word today) on it, it's a little brush attached to it, saving the hassle of the wands. I really could rave about this product for a very long time, I really do recommend it! It's only £1.50 too, so you should give it a go!!!



Such Pretty Colours 
Nailed it!
 
I love having my nails done, and Primark has just made it even cheaper to get the nail look you want. I want to first talk about the polishes - first they were  £1, yup £1 I know - and they are 100x better than I could ever expect, as with most polish it takes two coats to get a good cover but once you've done those two coats you do get such a good finish!

 
 
 
Shiney Boxes!
 
 
 
 
 

And the top coats have impressed me even more. The gel top coat, gives a lovely shiney glossy finish to the nails, it takes a little while to dry so be careful - no one wants a bobbley topcoat! The matte top coat is wonderful, although I have never tried a more expensive brand top coat I have seen them on others nails and I don't see much of a difference, it does leave the slightest shine to the nail, but that's only in certain lights, so I would still recommend!
 
 
 
 
 
So Primark, you did good! I'll be heading there in the near future to grab some goodies because I really am impressed! Sorry for this extremely long post, always chatting on! I'd also like to finish with an apology, anyone that has tried to follow me and found it didn't work I'm very sorry I have now fixed the issue - I have the technical skills of a frog - and you can finally now follow if you would like!
 
Thanks for reading
 
See you soon
 
Lynds xx

 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment