Saturday 3 May 2014

I spy with my little Eye

Evening beauties!


Hope you are all very well and enjoying the British spring time/the pouring rain! We’ve all recently experienced the yearly pain of the clocks going forward, and our sleep getting stolen - naughty clocks!! My answer to this daylight robbery of time (see what I did there *wink wink*) is to head to my makeup box, and show you my favourite products! Today I'm focusing on your beautiful blinkers. A poet (not really sure who, but I'm sure hes a cool guy) once said that eyes are the windows to your soul, so why not decorate them - line them, smoke them and glitter them! These few products are my favourite soul window decorating tools, that i promise wont break the bank.


Cosmopolitan Smokey Eyes Brush Set


 
 



 First up and an essential nifty little kit - The smokey eyes set from Cosmopolitan! This perfect set comes with the staple brushes for any smokey eyes look; A shadow brush, an angled brush and the smudger brush.

The shadow brush does exactly what it says on the tin, it allows you to pack on shadow, build up layers and lay the base to your lusty smokey eye. Little bonus with this brush is that it is so so so soft, its like applying your make up with clouds of colour!







The angled brush, ahhhhh the angled brush, i think this is one of my favourite brush because i use it for so much!! From lining my eyes, to defining the shape of eyes smokey winged!






The smudger brush, now if I'm honest I’ve never been a fan of these brushes, but this one is so different to the other smudgers I’ve used. The nib - that's what its called now - is such a perfect shape and size, so you can actually smoke out the eyes rather than rubbing your hard work off and looking a little bit like a panda!




My favourite things about this set? The price! You can get this beauty of a bargain for £7.59 from Superdrug or even better £6.59 from Feel Unique

Now eyeliners are my most used product like EVER! Its amazing the difference a little black line can make to your look. To me it makes the difference between ‘wow Lynds you look like a fully function human today’ and ‘wow Lynds you look like you’ve been dug up, maybe you should stay indoors today’

The Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eyeliner




I’ve been wearing eyeliner since I was about 15, okay maybe 13 - it's hard to admit my early aged addiction OKAY! Anyway this product I have always made sure I have because its just such a useful little bottle. Its not the most delicate of products but I think that's what makes it so useful, the brush is fairly sturdy so it's perfect for if your half asleep and light handedness is not coming to you! The eyeliner itself is pretty thick liquid liner too which makes the heavier eyeliner looks so much easier! This product is not perfect though (but who is ay?!?) it can be quite transferable so its best to let it dry or you may end up with a twiggy inspired look you didn't aim for. I really do love this eyeliner, so I suggest it for those of you that are looking for a brilliant liquid liner. Even better news you can get this for £2.99 at Superdrug or direct from Collection 2000 website (they've got a new style bottle, the cheeky madams)

 

Saffron Gel Eyeliner




Wow, that's all I can say.

Only joking! But seriously this product might be the best thing I’ve brought! It’s not a well known brand and its not really seen on the shelf's of Boots but it is so so good. As unknown as it is, Saffron make some darn good eyeliners!! This gel eyeliner has such a perfect consistency, its so light and creamy - sounds like I'm discussing yoghurt!- and its so easy to use and can be used for literally every eyeliner, I find it particular good for the simpler and thinner liner looks! The only downside to this liner is that you do need to set it, using an angled brush just to pop a very small amount of black shadow along the liner - just to stop that annoying transferring! I fell upon this wonder of a product at a local market, but I've hunted down some retailers you can get it from! If you're an Amazon-er, you can get the liner and brush for £2.45 and if you're an eBay-er (guilty as charged!) you can get the liner and the brush for £3.99.

SEVENTEEN Starry Eyes Trio Eyeshadow





Finally, a perfect little trio of eye shadows! 17 trio of eyeshadow in Moondust (I can't imagine mood dust is actually blue) can be brought from Boots for only £4.49, which i personally think is amazing for three lovely matching colours! I think for a cheaper shadow set, these cuties are fighting the corner for savvy makeup. The colours are very bold and if you combine them with the right brushes - if only someone had suggested some, tehehe - you can create such a classy smokey eye.







 
That's all my favourites for today, but like a bad reality county based drama, I will be back! I hope you get round to trying these sparkly lovely things because i adore them! I'm thinking of doing a pictorial thingymagigy if you'd be interested in that please leave a comment to fuel my ego into doing it! 


See you soon 

Lynds xx

No comments:

Post a Comment