Saturday 3 May 2014

Gone Shopping

Hello Beauties!!

How are we this week? This week saw me turn 21, yep I can now legally drink in America and urm, well that's it really! As you may all expect a large portion of my birthday money was spent at the makeup counters of the midlands - and I found some right bargains. Of course I just had to share my finds with you, after all sharing is caring.

Say hello to my little....bird?

Before showing you my little finds, I wanted you to introduce you to my new mascot, she's currently un-named because I can not think of a lovely enough name for her! If you think of one, please leave it in the comments or tweet me (no pun intended) cause I'd really love to hear your ideas!! She has been made for me by Harveyshouse, a lovely handmade business (she may or may not be my mother..) and you can get your own little birdy for only £4.50!!

Notice very authentic threads in the background - obviously intentional!



Collection 2000 (or Collection who knows!)

On to the (only slightly) more important business of cosmetics! Now the collection counter is one that I always find myself returning to because they consistently deliver amazing products at perfect prices!! This week I finally found a budget primer that really really works for me! Primers have been a struggle for me for so long, but the Collection 'Primed and Ready'  primer is so so so good, it's a clear primer that cost only £5.99 - so useful as it can be used as a base for literally any powdered makeup. On to my favourite lipstick - Deluxe (by collection) in 'Prohibition' for £3.99. I'm head over heels in love with this colour! It's quite creamy so you may prefer wearing it with a lip liner but I also like to mix it with other colours (never happy am I?!). They obviously also do a whole range of different colours! Finally I grabbed my very reliable Translucent Powder in 'barely there', which I wear literally everyday - it takes away any shiny oily-ness with only a tiny bit of colour, which is perfect for lighter skinned girlies like myself and costs only £2.99


Lovely Collection Products!


Seveteen!

Seventeen makeup is a brand I've not particularly invested in, but a trip to my local Boots this week has changed my mind completely. Of the many products I picked up I've choosen my favourite three (wouldn't want to bore you tooooo much!). The Blemish BB Balm (in light) has changed my mind about BB creams! I've never really be a fan of BB creams as I tend to enjoy a more full on look but with it approaching summer I decided to give it ago and I LOVE it. The coverage is very little which may be a problem for some but I think it gives enough coverage and gives a lovely glow to the skin. Be aware when choosing you shade that the colour is very strong before application! You can this for only £6.99, and it comes in two shades (I do believe). The 'Eye Eye Crayon' is another product I have fallen in love with (should probably stop doing this) and i fully intend on getting every shade, and at £3.99 who can blame me!! This shade is 'Iced' and is a shimmery white colour, with a little pinkish tinge - perfect as a base and looks lovely all over the lid with a winged liner! Finally, this product is not actually makeup *GASPS* - The 'Seventeen Gel Colour Nail Polish' is such a lovely polish, the shade I have chosen is 'Peach Treat'. The colours are so so pretty and very glossy! I'm currently testing the ' 8 day wear' claim, so watch my twitter for the result or check back to next weeks blog! You can get this shade (and very lovely other ones) for £3.99
 
Very Summery Picture!




So there you have some of my favourite products from my budget birthday shop, and you've met my new little buddy. Remember if you have any suggestions for my little mascots name or any suggestions at all tweet me, comment or social interact how ever floats your boat! Also you can now follow me on Blogger and on Bloglovin' - so please follow away!

See you soon!

Lynds xx

No comments:

Post a Comment