Friday 16 May 2014

Getting Lippy, Kardashian Style!

Hellloooo Beauties!

Hope you’re all having a wonderful week. I’m currently going through a little bit exam hell which is why I’m a little late with the post this week - so I am very very sorry! This week I have done my first tutorial on someone else, the pictures may not be the best as I’m still finding my feet in the world of tutorials (one day I might get it right!) but nevertheless I've given it a shot. So today's tutorial is loosely based on Khloe Kardashians berry lip look - now I’m personally not a massive follower of the Kardashians but my lovely housemate (and model for the day) adores them, and I know a lot of you do! This is a shimmery eye look with a plum lip - which I’ve been assured are one of Khloe's favourites!












Finished look on my lovely housemate Ellie


 




Aim for a flawless face


To begin with I buffed the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in Soft Beige all over Ellie's face with the Real Techniques stippling brush (the link for this brush is in my last blog!). I then covered any blemishes or darker areas of skin with the concealer from the MUA pro-base kit in fair, which was a tad too light for Ellie's skin but luckily didn’t show! This pro base set is amazing! It comes with a foundation, highlighter and concealer - definitely worth the £6! 






After this the crucial stage of contouring begins. I used the Sleek Face Contour Kit (again there is a link in my last post) along the cheek bone, as most people know the Kardashians are quite fond of their contouring so this is your chance to go a little more full on! Apply the powder in circular motions along the cheek bone and up onto the outer forehead. I also took the contouring under the jawbone just to get that quite sharp jawline! I then highlighted just above the cheekbones to make them stand out even more, and also down the sides of the nose and on the cupids bow!



Little contouring guide!


 
 
Just darken the brows a little
 
Right, now on to the brows, for this I went in with a dark brown shadow - any make, I used a Sleek brown shadow to keep the brows quite natural but a little darker, I then concealed around the eyebrows to define them and popped a little highlight underneath them.
 






For the eyes I took the collection primed and ready primer over the whole eyelid - to keep that makeup there all day! I then used three different shadows from three different palettes - I'm a pain in the bum I know but the palettes are well worth it!!





So all over the lid I took Court in Cannes from the Sleek Vintage Romance with the Sleek shadow brush and blended the edges out. I then went along the crease and the outer corner of the eye with Maple from the Ultra Mattes Sleek palette - one of my favourite palettes -using the Sleek blending brush blending that into the centre of the eye, this bit needs a lot of blending or the colour can be a bit over powering!! I then took a little bit of Bark from the Sleek Au Natural palette the outer section of the eye and blended that in towards the wing using the ... brush!!



A little guide

To line the upper lash line I used a black shadow and a slanted brush to make a winged out fairly thin line and then blended it upwards, almost flicking the colour up to make the liner a little less harsh! I then decided under the eye was a little bare and ran bark  along the outer corner under the eye using the Cosmopolitan smudger brush. Finally for the eyes I curled the lashes and applied the Primark Volumising mascara to volumise the lashes just a little. To make this look even more dramatic apply some thick winged out false eyelashes!!



Eyes all done!




The main feature... the lips! I firstly lined the lips using the .... lipstick - now I know this is an odd method but I always prefer to line the lips with the lipstick before putting it on because it stops me having off shape lips. I then went over the lips with the same colour to get this lovely plum lip!






I hope you enjoy this post, let me know if you did and would like to see anymore tutorials! Thank you all for the support on my last post - Elsa from frozen tutorial - it was really nice to see people enjoying it! I’m thinking about making a youtube channel at some point in the near future, so what would your thought be on this? Do you want to see my ugly mug rambling at you?

Thanks again lovelies

See you next week!

Lynds xx

















No comments:

Post a Comment